Choosing the right ring from a wide selection of wedding bands can be daunting. Therefore, it is often something that a couple will do together instead of just the man purchasing the ring. While it is customary for the man to pick out the perfect wedding ring and pop the engagement question at the right time for a special moment that will be remembered forever. The selection of the wedding band does not carry the same cultural and societal pressures so many couples find it fun to do together. There are so many options for rings for women that it is important that the perfect ring is chosen for the bride so she can enjoy it everyday for the rest of her life.
Wedding Band A Symbol of Love
Wedding bands are a symbol of eternal love and devotion between partners. While both men and women exchange rings and vows during their wedding ceremony a wedding ring for women is usually among her most cherished belongings. The humble wedding ring is something that has been apart of wedding ceremonies for hundreds of years and is more important than ever. It signifies love for each other, but also shares with the broader community your commitment to your spouse to love forever. While it is natural that wedding bands are circular due to being worn on the finger, they represent that continuous commitment and eternal love through their shape as well as their deep cultural meanings.
The ring as a circle has no start or end, it is a simple symbol of endless eternity, the same for the love between a married couple. Different cultures around the world have incorporated a wedding ring into their ceremonies for wedded couples, however, which finger or hand the ring is worn on may differ depending on the place in the world a couple is from. It is customary for western and European countries for the wedding ring to be worn on the left hand and on the fourth finger, also colloquially known as the ring finger. This finger location traces its history back to ancient Rome where they believed the finger had a vein that ran directly to the heart called the Vena Amoris, meaning the vein of love.
Selecting a Wedding Bands
Choosing the right wedding band is important as it will be with you for the rest of your life. The following suggestions will help ensure that you are pleased with your choice and proud to share it with the world on your special day.
- Find a wedding band that matches your engagement ring. It can often be a wise choice to look at wedding ring sets when purchasing the engagement ring. If you find the perfect option than you are done, you have the engagement ring and a matching wedding band with matching style.
- Search early so you can avoid making a last-minute decision. Look through our wide selection of wedding bands, wedding ring sets and engagement rings today and start planning your purchase.
- Know your budget. It can be amazingly easy to spend way too much for a wedding ring set or engagement ring and wedding band and really start your marriage off on the wrong financial foot. While the ring is important, having a fun ceremony with your family and friends that you want to invite is important too. It can be wise to look for affordable options on a ring to make the wedding day a little less stressful and invite all the people that you want to share that day with you.
- Get sized. It is important that you purchase a ring in the right size. You can measure yourself or you can go into any local jewelry store and get ring sizing if you do not know it. This is a service that is always provided without charge and no commitment to purchase a ring so leverage your local store for this type of service.
- Know your style. Find a ring that matches your personal taste, if you like bling, get a large gemstone, if you prefer a classy slim look than go that route. Do not let any traditional norms get in the way of you being yourself and having the ring that makes you feel comfortable.
Getting a wedding band for her is important and a special decision that all married couples go through. Whether you make the decision alone or together as a couple, make the right choice, you will be wearing that ring for a long time.